In almost every situation, I recommend that we start with a brand new (complimentary) sitting session for your portrait.
However, if a new sitting is not possible, I’d be happy to examine a photograph of your choosing to see if it would be a good candidate for a painting. Please provide a full-size unaltered original photograph whenever possible.
- Have good to excellent lighting
- Are in focus
- Have an appropriate pose
- Are 2400×3000 resolution at a minimum
- Have not been saved from Facebook/social media – their compression is too aggressive and strips most of the details from the photograph
- Do not have any filters applied
Sizes at a glance
|Area||320 sq. in.||864 sq. in.||1200 sq. in.||1728 sq. in.|
Every Rothschild portrait is a piece of original fine-art and is priced accordingly. I create portraits in several sizes that can accommodate almost any budget. Installment plans are an option. Leave your email and I’ll send you my complete price list.
Heirloom Fine-Art Frame
This elegant handcrafted wood frame has a classic decorative profile embellished with fine relief detail, complete with distinctive ornate sculpted corners, will take you back to a bygone era of craftsmanship. 3 1/2″ wide. Available in 5 finishes.
Wow… is that a Rothschild?
Each portrait from Rothschild Portraiture is immediately recognizable. Having a Rothschild portrait in your home says everything. You have commissioned your own piece of painted fine-art – that is something very few families can lay claim to.
Meet the artist
Rothschild Portraiture is headed by Alexander Rothschild. He lends his 10 years of experience as a photographer and a portrait artist to creating artwork of the most captivating quality. Student and admirer of classical visual arts, he has just the right touch for infusing his portraits with the aura of the bygone era. As a result, a Rothschild portrait wouldn’t look out of place 100 years ago, and would not look dated to a future generation.
Have you had any of these questions come up in your head?
- I don’t know what we should wear for our portrait…
- We’ve never posed for professional pictures before, let alone for a portrait…
- I’m not sure if my family would appreciate a fine art portrait…
- I’m not sure what portrait size we should get…
- I’m not sure if we should commission a full-length, 3/4 length, or some “other length” portrait…
- How can my family take full advantage of this opportunity and be 100% prepared for our portrait sitting session?
Glad you asked. These are all great questions, and we have you covered. We’ve developed an information-packed email series that address all of these. If you are at all considering a portrait from Rothschild Portraiture, these emails are a must-read. Fill out your information, and keep an eye on your inbox (emails may arrive in your Promotions tab).
Bonus: Every month we raffle off one of our portrait frames to go with a future portrait commission. Sign-up to enter. You could be our next winner!
Portrait sitting sessions are held once a month in Bay Harbor Islands, FL
Let’s connect to see how I can best serve you. Please fill out this form, or if you prefer, you can reach me directly at 347.913.3837 (I can’t always pick up the phone though).